The weekend of July 7th should show all studios that people are willing to go to a film no matter how long it has been in theaters. That should be evident by taking a look at this weekend’s top 5 grossing films which are very diverse, however “Spider-Man: Homecoming” took home the top prize with a big blockbuster ready for a wide release next week.
5. “Transformers: The Last Knight” in its third week, grossed $6,376,578 and has now grossed a total of $118,993,338.
4. “Wonder Woman” is the first film in the Marvel Comic Universe and in its sixth week grossed $9,822,105. It has now grossed a total of $368,473,296.
3. “Baby Driver” has been an interesting film to keep an eye on because it has been critically successful, however it has yet to make it’s money back. Have that concern no more because it has now doubled its budget with a weekend gross of $13,002,721 and total domestic gross of $57,135,793. Factoring in the $34 million production budget, “Baby Driver” has made over $71 million worldwide.
2. “Despicable Me 3” made $33,580,425 in its second week and a total gross of $148,771,085.
1. “Spider-Man: Homecoming” was the top grossing film of the weekend to no surprise, grossing $117,027,503 in its first week. How well will their success continue next week with a competing film “War for the Planet of the Apes” opening nation-wide? We shall find out.